Patricia Gets Results!
Patricia Lock Dawson is an award-winning small business owner and community leader who has delivered real results for Riverside and our region.
Patricia is a collaborative leader who brings public and private organizations together to address the needs and challenges facing our region.
In 2014, Patricia helped establish the Santa Ana River Conservancy program and brought $65 million in state bond and budget funding to build recreational opportunities and protect habitats on the River.
Patricia secured $120 million in state and federal funding to protect our natural resources, open spaces, and parks.
As a trustee on the Riverside Unified School District Board, Patricia worked to:
- Create the Pathways to College and Career Conference in partnership with local legislators and universities to help families navigate the college application process. Now in its 7th year, this conference has been replicated by three other Inland school districts. This year’s conference had 600 attendees.
- Hire 27 mental health counselors at RUSD and establish a model mental health program, which has been recognized by CA School Boards Association.
- Increase graduation rates to 97%, the highest in Riverside County, and college going rates to over 50%.
- Close the achievement gap between students of color and others. College readiness for African American students rose by over 40%.
- Partner with UC Riverside to build a state-of-the-art science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) high school.
- Create new visual and performing arts program (VAPA) to lead city in its claim of being the “City of Arts and Innovation”. Invest over $8 million in arts programming and leverage these resources through the Riverside Arts Academy and Riverside Art Museum.
Patricia has won numerous awards for her civic leadership and community service, including:
Distinguished Alumna of the Year, Greater Riverside Chambers of Commerce, Leadership Riverside 2018.
Woman of Achievement, California Assembly District 61, 2014.
Lady Bird Johnson Award for Environmental Stewardship, Keep Riverside Clean and Beautiful, 2012.
Woman of the Year, California Women Lead, 2011.